Thursday, December 6, 2007

What to expect


Disclaimer: Being my first post, I thought I'd give the world it's fair share of warning as to what it should expect from this blog.


Dear World -

I'm currently pursuing a carrier in photojournalism so you'll probably get a lot of feed back from my field work and the inspiration that comes along with it. I'm active in politics and I have a love for travel and obviously photography so "photo"journalism seemed to cater to my interests... now if I could just decide where I want to study at I might have something going for me.

Photography has a huge tendency to be over rated, especially in the world of young, ignorant teenagers who are thrilled by their own image on a computer. But the "art" of capturing the moment, or "seizing the day" if you will, is not often acquired. Something that captivates the viewer and has a deeper meaning than just a cool shot. This is one of my favorite pieces that I believe portrays this concept of intising the audience. The title of the piece is "Impact" and it depicts a 7 year old boy gazing up at the countless names on the Vietnam Veteran's memorial wall. He's staring at something he can't comprehend and yet it makes such a direct impact on his life.

You also might find yourself sitting at my feet while a expound on my walk with God. I've been raised in a Christian home all my life, and I've spent the last few years delving myself into the mind of God, trying to grasp as much as I can from our Creator.

~Adversarius

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Hey Mr. Adversarious (or wahtever your name is). ;) Good to see you on the blog world! I'm such a trendsetter.....

--Fictoris said...

nice intro to a new avenue of getting your name out there!

Bev said...

The photo at the memorial wall is fantastic. Having been around during the VM war, I found it deeply moving. Your sister's hair is reminiscent of the 60s and adds depth to the photo. You could probably market this one. Great job!