Saturday, December 8, 2007

Silhouettes

The silhouette has always been one of my favorite shots but I've probably never gotten one quite as good as this. My 7 year old brother, Manning, wanted to learn the ropes around dad's warehouse yesterday, so he spent the day with me; driving the forklift, moving carpet and organizing the warehouse. On the way home we passed by an open field with a glorious sunset behind it, so I stopped to take a few silhouette shots of the trees. While I was setting up Manning got the urge to run in front of the lens... and thus this piece I like to call "freedom".

I've also been thinking a lot about action shots lately and on Thursday afternoon I was craving life through a lens. I ended up going to the homeschool guys basketball practice to play with the camera a little bit and get some angles on the action. I've decided I'm going to try to get a few good individual shots of each player during the season.
I've come to appreciate a slower shutter speed with action shots... especially if the light is less than accommodating. By following the subject during the shot I've found I can still keep pretty good focus on my action and keep the background blurred. Clean backgrounds are crucial for a good action shot!
In Father's Grace
~Adversarius

1 comment:

--Fictoris said...

hey man...I figured out a way to show links to other blogs likie we had talked about! go into you layout (like you did for the slideshow) and click link list or something! ist sedon from the top on the right side! you tyoe in the link that you want shown, and yeah! i did it for yours, and I'm gonna do it for sarah and laura..... yeah! ttyl! have a great day!