Saturday, December 22, 2007

Weddings


I had the opportunity to follow a wedding photographer last week, and she was able to teach me the ropes of an average wedding.


I'm coming to understand that placement is key for most events. You have to know the event well and the chronological order in which the action will unfold. My goal was to try and create the same kind of picture story that I've been working on in the past.


It was easy to get some really fun shots with great subjects like Juan and Kendal. They're naturally such a
happy couple so it was easy to capture a lot of emotion.


Mrs. Heather Bush did that actual photography for the wedding and she graciously allowed me to tag along. It was great to get some firsthand experience in that field of work so that I could apply it to the photojournalistic site of the isle.



Obviously I spent a lot of time on the dance floor. That seemed to be where most of the action was and where the bride and groom spent most of their time during the evening. The whole wedding was so full of life and such a joy to watch!

This shot really came as a surprise to me. I can only guess that the lighting has something to do with my flash going off at the same time as Mrs. Heather's.... so I have to admit... as cool as it may look... it is an accident.

Always room for improvement

~Adversarius

No comments: