Sunday, April 27, 2008

Meanwhile... back in the bayou







Welcomed home by a hot and humid Louisiana I find myself unexpectedly comforted by mosquito's and thunder storms. Dad continues in his midlife crisis and I sit on the back porch gazing into a sea of flowers and statuary amidst my yard. Saturating myself in as much media as I can get my hands on while I'm away from my fast I spend my time at home pounding my head with music and writing the list of movies I have yet to see.



Three weekers are never easy, and this past one was no exception. North Carolina was a good class. I always love working with Dom and Elise. Our state co over there is wonderful too, so it made for a pretty smooth class logistically. I was thrilled to finally eat at the alleged bojangles I've always adopted as my adjective of choice.



















Oregon has a lot of lama, Buffalo and liberals. With a golden lumberjack on the crest of their fortress of a capitol, you'd think the state would be a little more conservative... but kicking students out of the capitol for asking people if they believe in God, reflects otherwise.




The Pacific Ocean was gorgeous though. Cold as ice, but it was kinda cool to be wearing a jacket on the beach. Ankia's hands took a brush with death and caught second degree frostbite. Took a few hours and a trip to the emergency room at 10pm to get them moving again, but she toughed it out pretty well.











The class ran fairly well... my schedule was slaughtered to pieces. Being a PD gets old, and leading worship is missed.










God really showed up in Oklahoma 2. We were all pretty spiritually dry at the begining of the week, and Father really brought us to our knees. It ended up being a great class and it was nice to have the chance to lead worship God again.

Fuzz Thompson's classes = Staff adventures, serious staff meetings, and come to Jesus talks.


Oklahoma has the finest arts festival in the nation, in addition to the best host family to go with :)

In Father's Grace

~Adversarius

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about friday in ok?

Harrison said...

Oh that's too much to write about. I mentioned staff adventures though.

Elise Hall is a bojangle.

--Fictoris said...

your adjective of choice is so confusing!!! you usually use it as a bad thing! but I'm assuming elise is amazing! i liked being filled in on the stuff yha'll went through! you fail to mention alot of it when i ask! (i willl have a new post after the la class)